Il tuo carrello
Azzera carrello
Il carrello è vuoto


What documents are needed to rent?

The driver of the leased vehicle must meet the following requirements:


  • 19 years completed .
  • Valid driving license, type B issued for at least 12 months .
  • For driving people under 25 years and / or for each second authorized guide a supplement is foreseen to the extent indicated in the ITALIAN CAR RENT Tariff


The payment of the estimated rental amount, additional accessories and / or surcharges, as well as any charges for damages resulting from claims to the rented vehicle (Damage Charging Table) must be guaranteed, at the time of rental, by at least one Credit Card . You can make payments by debit card or in cash at the sole discretion of ITALY CAR RENT.

Do you need a driving license to rent?

The driving license of type B, issued for at least 12 months and valid.

Is it possible to rent without a driving license?

No, it is mandatory to show a driving license to access the rental of a vehicle.

Is a photocopy of the driving license also accepted for rent?

No, the license must always be in the original, legible, undamaged and valid throughout the rental period.

Is it possible to change the place of delivery of the vehicle during the rental?

Yes, it is possible, as long as it is communicated in advance to the chartering agency, there is a supplement to be paid.

How and when is the rental invoice received?

At the time of the return of the vehicle, after the closing of the rental contract, our agency will print & agrave; and deliver & agrave; the invoice directly to the Customer.

Is it possible to receive the invoice via email?

Yes, it is possible, in fact, at the time of signing the rental letter it will be necessary to provide an e-mail address or a mobile phone, through which our agency can send the invoice directly; or by requesting it at [email protected]

What happens if I return the vehicle later than the contract signed?

In this case it is advisable to contact the rental agency, there may be additional costs.

What happens if I make a traffic offense?

The fine will be sent directly to the customer who is the holder of the rental contract on the day and at the precise moment in which the infraction occurred. The report relating to the violation will be sent to the customer by the competent authorities that have detected the infringement, and it is the responsibility of the customer to provide for payment in accordance with the law.

Whom is the report sent to?

The Customer can first receive a copy of the report, attached to the invoice relating to the cost of administrative expenses as indicated in the ITALY CAR RENT Tariff; in any case, he will also subsequently receive the original of the report directly from the competent Authorities, together with the bulletin for the payment of the fine itself.

What are ”administrative costs”?

This is the cost for the management of administrative practice in the event of a re-notification of a fine that ITALY CAR RENT re-debits to the customer: the user is required to pay the costs of running the file, as required by art. 8 of our General Rental Conditions, signed by means of the rental letter: "The cost of handling any related administrative practice is determined in the CAR CARBOOK Tariff and the Customer authorizes the charge at his / her own right"; likewise "The Client possesses a credit card authorizing the Lessor to debit on the relevant account all the charges against him with title from the rental relationship".

How is the cost of administrative costs paid?

This cost is charged by credit card used for the rental, at the time when the re-notification by ITALY CAR RENT is carried out, as required by art. 8 of the General Conditions signed at the beginning of the hiring. Please see the ITALY CAR RENT Tariff for the amount provided. At the same time a copy of the invoice for these expenses is sent to the client.

Who is responsible for high fines during the rental period?

The customer, as holder of the rental letter, is directly responsible for the contraventions and / or any other type of charge arising from violations of the highway code, non-payment of tolls and / or parking. Therefore any fines received must be appropriately paid. The customer has the right to challenge them, but this must be done directly to the authorities that have notified the minutes according to the procedures and terms specified in the minutes.

Is it possible to travel abroad during the rental period?


Extra EU citizens can rent in Italy?

Citizens not belonging to the European Union can only rent in Italy if they have an international driving license and a passport.

Is it possible to limit liability in the event of damage?

The rental fee includes the vehicle damage charge (CDW) fee.
The CDW is not an insurance cover, but a conventional reduction of the customer's responsibility for damages resulting from accidents, accidents or attempted thefts suffered by the car, as well as for theft and partial fire of the same, within the limits of an exemption that varies according to the group vehicle to which the vehicle belongs.
The customer's responsibility can be conventionally reduced or eliminated altogether by subscribing the elimination / reduction portion of the damage charge (SKP).

Payment by credit card?

The credit card is necessary as a guarantee of the rental, so it is mandatory to present it at the agency when picking up the vehicle. The card must also be in the name of the person who signs the rental letter. Payment can also be made with Bancomat or cash.

Is fuel included in the rate?

No . The cost of renting a vehicle does not include fuel.
The vehicle is delivered to the customer with a full tank of fuel and should therefore be returned.
If it is not possible to refuel the vehicle before returning it to the Agency, in addition to the cost of the missing fuel, a surcharge will be applied.

Can I insert a second driver?

Other drivers may be entered as long as they are present at the agency when the vehicle is picked up and provided with a valid driving license. The cost of the second guide is € 6 per day.

The invoice header is incorrect, as I can correct it

To request a change of the invoice header send an email request to the address [email protected]

How should I behave in case of damage or breakdown?

If the vehicle is not on the road, the Roadside Assistance service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to the number you find on your rental letter. The tow truck must always be kept at the place where it is stopped. To take advantage of a replacement vehicle, contact the ITALY CAR RENT agency where the vehicle has been picked up. You can use an alternative means of transport (for example taxi or train), if duly requested and authorized by the same Roadside Assistance, in order to reach the Maggiore agency.

If the vehicle is in condition of being able to continue, it is necessary in any case to contact the ITALY CAR RENT agency where the vehicle has been picked up in order to leave the vehicle damaged or damaged and to pick up another vehicle instead.

In case of accident remember to always fill in the model CAI (Friendly Determination of Accident) , present inside the vehicle. It is also necessary to send the CAI within 24 hours of the event, at an agency ITALY CAR RENT.

What do I need a credit card?

The credit card is necessary as a guarantee of the rental, so it is mandatory to present it at the agency when picking up the vehicle. The card must also be in the name of the person who signs the rental letter.

The deposit required as a guarantee on the credit card is a charge?

No, it's not a charge. It is only a sum "blocked" on the credit card as a guarantee, upon collection of the vehicle.

Subscribe to the newsletter